- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), softened, plus more for the pans
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter or line 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and water. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, spacing the dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden in color. Remove to cooling racks.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- Yield Makes 24 cookies