- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A splash of water
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add in onions and allow to cook for about eight minutes or so… you want them to be translucent and on they’re way to sweet.
- In the meantime combine eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Once the onions are ready, stir in squash, rosemary, and nutmeg. Add a splash of water and pop a lid on for about ten minutes or until just tender. Remove lid and stir in quinoa.
- Once everything is well combined, turn the heat off and pour in egg mixture. Top with crumbled blue cheese and pop everything in the oven for about 20 minutes.