Tuesday, October 23, 2018

INSTANT POT Fast and Furious Chart for Vegetables


If you know me, I am a spur of the moment. I want it now kind of cook. Being a home economics major, I was familiar with the top of the stove pressure cooker. In my retirement, I do not wear a watch. My hearing is so selective that I often miss the buzzer when boiling eggs. My BFF boiled her eggs dry today. Cleaning a pan with burned food is the pits. And it ruins my manicure!
Image result for green around the egg yolk
That is why I love, love, love to cook in the Instant Pot. Put a cup of water in the pan. Set eggs on the trivet or in a basket. Put the button for eggs. 5 min. for hard boiled. It cuts off after the programmed time. The worst that could happen is a greenish-gray ring may appear around a hard-cooked egg yolk.



I have a folding steamer I received as a wedding gift. I think I have seen them in the Dollar store, but it adjusts to the size pot you have and is awesome in the Instant Pot.

http://instantpoteats.com/instant-pot-101-how-to-cook-vegetables/
https://instantpot.com/instantpot-cooking-time/

Broccoli takes 0 minutes, once the pressure builds up.
Vegetables
When steaming vegetables, you will require 1 cup (250 mL) of water and an ovenproof or steel bowl on a steam rack.
Cooking vegetables, fresh or frozen, we recommend using the [Steam] to preserve vitamins and minerals to the maximum.  Steaming also retains the natural look of the vegetables.
Vegetables Fresh
Cooking Time
(minutes)
Asparagus 1~2 mins
Beans (yellow & green) 1~2 mins
Broccoli (florets) 1~2 mins
Brussel Sprouts 2~3 mins
Butternut Squash 3~5 mins
Cabbage (whole or wedges) 2~3 mins
Carrots (whole or chunks) 5~7 mins
Cauliflower (florets) 2~3 mins
Corn (on the cob) 2~4 mins
Mixed Vegetables 2~3 mins
Potatoes (large, whole) 9~12 mins
Potatoes (small, whole) 6~8 mins
Potatoes (cubed) 2~3 mins
Sweet Potatoes (whole) 9~12 mins
Sweet Potatoes (cubed) 2~3 mins