Skinny Creamy Cauliflower Soup
· 2 large head, chopped
· 1/2 onion, medium, chopped
· 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, reduced sodium
· 1 cup half and half, fat free
· Grated cheese, reduced fat
· Crumbled bacon
· Sliced green onions (or more if you like)
· black pepper, salt
1. Combine broth, cauliflower and onions in a soup pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
2. Use an immersion blender (or place ingredients in a blender) and puree. Add fat free half & half and blend for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
3. Pour into bowls and garnish with cheese, bacon (if desired) and green onions. Top with cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
Nutrition: Per Serving (with bacon) About: 150 calories, 3.5 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 740 mg sodium; WW Points plus value 4