- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pecan (or almond) flour
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Separate the egg, placing the white and yolk in separate bowls.
- Add the sugar and cocoa to the egg yolk, stirring with a whisk.
- Add nut flour, water, mint extract, and chocolate, stirring with a whisk.
- Beat the egg white quickly until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold half the egg white into the egg yolk mixture. Once incorporated, repeat with the second egg white.
- Grease 4 4oz ramekins, then spoon the batter evenly into each ramekin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until almost set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar, strawberries, and mint leaves.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious