Preheat oven to 400º
1 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 T. shortening
1/3 cup milk (a little more if needed)
Mix together dry ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in shortening. Add milk, mix just until dough is moistened, adding a bit more if too dry. Roll out into a thin rectangle, about 14X10 inches.
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 T. cinnamon
· Spread butter over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up like a jelly roll, then slice the dough into 1/2" thick slices. (Don't worry the melted butter may start to spill out)
· Place cut rolls face up in a greased pie pan.
· Brush additional melted butter (2 tablespoons) to outside and tops of rolls so they brown evenly.
· Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
· Let sit for a few minutes--this will allow butter, sugar and milk to thicken around stickies. Serve warm for best flavor.