Pastry for 1-9 inch springform pan
· 1 cup sifted plain flour
· ¼ c. sugar
· 1 t. lemon peel
· ½ t. vanilla
· 1 large egg yolk
· ¼ c. butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 inch springform pan with spray oil.
2. To make the crust: Combine flour, sugar, lemon peel, vanilla. Make a well and add egg yolk and 1/4 cup butter.
3. Cut 6-3 inch strips of wax paper. Divide dough in half; save ½ for bottom of pan. Divide other half in 3 parts. Roll out dough and use wax paper pieces to line springform pan.
4. Roll half of dough on bottom Prick all over with a fork, then bake 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Allow to cool.
· 5-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
· 1 ¾ c. sugar
· 3 T. plain flour
· 2 t. grated lemon peel
· ½ t. orange peel
· ¼ t. vanilla
· 5 eggs + 2 egg yolks
· ¼ c. carton of heavy cream
1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and peel. Beat in eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. Add cream and mix only enough to blend.
2. Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F.
3. Reduce temperature to 250 degrees F and continue to bake for one hour.
4. Turn oven off, but leave cake in for 2 hours. Don't worry if it looks a little jiggly in the center.
5. Chill overnight. This is imperative! Loosen side of crust from the springform pan.
6. If desired, top with your favorite fruit or serve plain.
ffrom Ann's Recipe Box recipe given to me by the realtor when we bought our first home. in 1977