- 1 deep dish pie shell, 9-inch
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/3 cup green or red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cups evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 1 T. parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Bake pie shell in a preheated 375° oven for 5 minutes.
In a skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat, breaking up and turning. Saute onions and peppers. Drain well and put in pie shell. Stir 1 T. flour into shredded cheeses and add to pie. In a bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs, milk, and spices. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese mixture. Bake quiche at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.