1/4 t. baking powder
1/8 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
2 T. shortening(Coconut Oil is healthy alternative)
1/3 c. milk
- Sift dry ingredients together, cut in shortening, add milk, and mix.
- Roll dough out very thin in a rectangle shape with rolling pin and add extra flour if necessary.
- Cut one stick of butter in pieces and dot the dough. Mix 1 c. sugar, 1 T. cinnamon and 1 t. vanilla. Sprinkle it on the dough.
- Roll up like a jelly roll, then slice the dough into 1/2" thick slices.
- Place the spirals close together in a greased pie pan.
- Brush additional melted butter (2 tablespoons) to outside and tops of rolls so they brown evenly.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Grandma Ethel used to use the leftover dough of her biscuits to make Stickies.