large head of cauliflower
1 stick butter
2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1 vildalia onion
1 small pack of slice fresh mushrooms
2 garlic cloves grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
4 slice of bacon
3 c finely shredded cheese
1 Tbsp chives
1 c heavy cream
1 c sour cream, fat-free
2 Tbsp flourDirections
1. In large pot start water seasoned with salt. Let come to a boil. Clean the cauliflower and place in the pot whole after remove the stem. It will take approximately 15 minutes to come to tender.
2. In skillet heat the olive oil. Place the slice mushrooms and chopped onion in the pan. Grate the garlic into the pan and add the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cook till tender.
3. Drain the cauliflower in a colander. Cut the core out and place the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Add sour cream, 2 cups of cheese, the veggies in the skillet.
4. In a suace pan melt the butter add the 2 tbsp of flour and stir like a paste add in the cup of heavy cream. Thicken and add to the cauliflower.
5. Pour into a caserole dish add one cup of cheese on top. Crumble 4 slices of bacon on top and the chives.6. Bake in a 350°F oven until the cheese has melted and bubbling. About 10 minutes or a little more. This is very creamy and if you want it firm bake a little first then add the cheese and bacon and chives let melt.
Jamie Beecham from Just a Pinch