Friday, October 11, 2013

Best Pie Crust Ever!


I used this pie crust a few days ago and I loved it. It was flaky and perfect!!! I had never made my own crust before and I was a little nervous but I was so impressed with the results. Great for all your holiday pies!!

This makes a double crust
 2 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 Cup cold unsalted butter
1/2 Cup shortening
1/4 Cup cold water
3 tbsp. sour cream
1 egg

In a bowl, whisk flour with salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces. Set aside

Whisk together cold water, sour cream, and egg. Drizzle over flour mixture, tossing with a fork and adding up to 1 tsp more cold water if needed.

Divide in half and shape into discs. Wrap each and chill for about 30 minutes.

For more great recipes come and see us at
Getting Skinny with Cathy