- 2 pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Saute onions in butter, add soup, sour cream, salt and pepper-mix thoroughly. Fold in potatoes and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Pour mixture into a greased large oblong baking dish. Add topping.
- ½ c.butter
- ½ c. Italian Breadcrumbs or (Potato chips, Cornflakes, Ritz Crackers)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 45 min. until bubbly and golden brown.